Home again

Posted by in Assignment 2.1

Comfort, familiarity, family, peace.

These are shared threads of thought on the subject of home. What I found interesting is that a lot of you thought home was not a fixed structure. How ironic that I should write my earlier post about the connection of a fixed structure (house) and feelings (home). Guess I’m the odd one out! Upon rereading my previous post I suppose I could have emphasized more of the feelings associated with the structures that I focused my attention on.

I also noticed an absence of pets, though this is something I left out as well and am considering now because my cat is nearly obscuring my keyboard here with me making lots of cat noises. If I were to append anything to my story, I would add the presence of my cat! After all, she’s been here next to me while I write every single post. I’m considering the amount of effort it requires to move with a pet, or ensure the pet is cared for when I move (or go away from our home). Does anyone else have a pet who becomes stressed when forced to leave home? It’s interesting that pets also carry notions of home.

My cat, Whiskers! (Shh I named her when I was 8.)