Link #1 Voice to Text

This link is from the voice to text assignment. I found Jade Lee’s post to resonate with my experience and extend my thinking.

Task 3: Voice to Text

I appreciated how she analyzed the program itself and made the connection to the classroom. I used Speechnotes as well and didn’t think about how my proximity to the microphone would make a difference in the accuracy of the text output. There were many substituted words in my text that may have been different if I was speaking directly into the microphone. Her example of understanding the technology she was asking students to use is important especially when we think about how we are assessing students. There could be errors or omissions that are not really the fault of the student but make a big difference in our assessment of them! The connection to accessibility for students is both practical and important to consider.

I appreciated her connection between oral story telling and digital media. Social media is focused on oral storytelling with the help of images. I do wonder how scripted some of the stories we see really are and if there are components that are used to help the stories be more organized.