Task #5 Twine

This was my first time using Twine! I have little coding experience and at first found the program quite frustrating to use. I understood the basic concept of adding events and the text but making any changes beyond this such as adding images or sound was perplexing. I first turned to the Twine Cookbook. Not having a coding vocabulary, I did not find this resource helpful. I instead turned to YouTube looking for a tutorial on using Twine2 with the Harlowe format. I found a series of videos from Digital Exposure TV that were very simple to follow. I created the images using my educator account in Canva and acquired the sounds from freesound.org. I ensured all my events were connected to one another and made good use of the test and play buttons. Once I had the code to use to insert images and sound it was relatively easy to do. I would have to spend much more time exploring the Twine Cookbook or looking online for code that I could use to add more interactive elements to my story or change the look of it. I found the process of creating a Twine story very time consuming. Once I have a solid grasp of the program, I would be very willing to try using it with upper elementary students in my school. I would definitely want to create code cheat sheets that they could use covering the basic elements needed. They would have fun creating choose your own adventure stories. I look forward to further exploration with this program! Click on the link below to access my story.

A Day at the Lake