Best Works

Definition Assignment – For this assignment, we had to be able to differentiate between different types of definitions. We wrote three different types of definitions : parenthetical definition, sentence definition and expanded definition. The main objective was to learn how to properly communicate with different audiences. For my assignment, I chose the word Algorithm as this word comes up quite frequently as a mathematics student. The goal was to give an audience who may be unfamiliar with the term and overview of what it means.

Definition of Algorithm: ENGL 301- Definition Assignment

Peer Review of the Definition Assignment – At the end of previous assignment, we were required to write a peer review for one of our professional writing teammate. I peer reviewed, Janice’s work for her definition of polymerase chain reaction. I help provided suggestions for improvement while also learning how I can improve my own work as well.

Peer Review of Janice’s Definition: ENGL 301 – Definition Peer Review

Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys – The formal report allows students to express their idea to peers on how to improve their community. For my research proposal, I chose to explore solutions to help limit the use of single-use plastic at a food stall called Lee Chong Asian Foods. The proposal consisted of a brief introduction of the problem, who is the report for, proposed solutions, scope, methods and my qualifications. The progress report is a memorandum for our instructor Dr. Paterson, where we give a timeline on conducting the formal report.

Formal Report Proposal: ENGL 301 _ Revised Proposal

Progress Report: ENGL 301_ 2.3 Report Progress

Survey: ENGL 301 _ Survey

Complaint letter and Response letter – For this assignment, students are encouraged to write with the “You attitude” in a real lief situation. In this situation, the student acts as both an unsatisfied customer writing a complaint letter and a respondent who writes a bad news letter. I took the role of being an unsatisfied customer of Save-on-Foods home delivery service and wrote a letter outlining the reasons why. For the responding letter, I took the role on how to deal with complaints professionally and resolve the issue.

Complaint letter and Response letter: Engl 301 _ Business Letters_ Complaint & Bad News letter

Peer Review of Application Package – The application package assignment aims to help prepare us for when we apply for a job.  This package includes the job advertisement, three different request for reference letters, cover letter, and resume. I peer reviewed Emily’s application package where she is applying for a job at Aritzia to be part of the Employee Experience division.

Peer Review of Application Package: ENGL 301_ Peer Review Application

Peer Review of Formal Report – This assignment involves reading my partner’s formal report draft and proving any comments on its purpose, organization, contents and grammar. The purpose of my peer review is to provide any suggestions on areas that may need improvement. My partner was Meagan, who focused her formal report on decreasing needle-stick injuries at Arden Park Dental. The peer review really helped the writing process for my own report. It allowed me to see what pieces of Meagan’s report I though were effective that can be applied to my own report and what mistakes that I may also be making.

Peer Review of Formal Report: Engl 301_ peer review Formal report