Accepting Writing Group Invitation Email (1/3)

To: tom.howey@alumni.ubc.ca
From: jennyszhu@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 15, 2019
Subject: RE: Creating ENGL 301 Writing Team
Attachments: 301 Jenny Zhu Application Letter

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your invitation. I believe our set of experiences would complement each other well and would gladly accept to be a part of your team.

Your application letter touched on your experience with MURC and UBC Sailbot, two projects that I imagine require a lot of preparation and organization for. While I have ample experience in creating written content, I think I can learn from you on how to enhance audience experience by creating visually appealing material. The layout of your blog site reflects your familiarity with creating good visuals for presentations. I understand your concern with working in a team virtually, but I can assure you from taking other fully online courses, you will pick up on this type of environment quickly. It is great that we get to experience online communication in this course, as it is becoming more and more common the professional settings.

I have attached my application letter if you wish to review it again. I look forward to collaborating and becoming better writers with you and Jobina this semester.

Best regards,

Jenny Zhu

301 Jenny Zhu Application Letter