Email to Writing Teammate (3/3)

To: amy.vergouwen@alumni.ubc.ca
From: jennyszhu@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 18, 2019
Subject: ENGL 301 Writing Team
Attachments: 301 Jenny Zhu Application Letter

Dear Amy,

My name is Jenny and I would like to e-introduce myself as one of your writing team members this semester. Your work truly fascinates me and I am looking forward to learning from you and helping each other become better writers this semester.

Your involvements and experiences during your undergraduate degree are unique and impressive. I can imagine you learned a lot from them. I have a background in writing instructional material for educators, and being concise is a constant challenge – especially when you have so much information to share. But as you mentioned, through editing and re-editing we can narrow down our focus and pick out the vital information. Because your views and work habits parallel mine, I think we will complement each other’s peer-editing styles well. Finally, your team spirit and attention to detail will be great additions to our group.

I have attached my application letter for your reference. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at jennyszhu@alumni.ubc.ca if you have any questions. I look forward to discovering more about writing this semester with you.

Sincerely,

Jenny Zhu

301 Jenny Zhu Application Letter