Posted by: | 17th Nov, 2010

YouTube Fame

It is crazy how making home videos can make you so famous!

Lately there has been a lot of hype revolving around a young freshman down in the Suburbs of Chicago; his name, Keenan Cahill. His name has been everywhere, especially with in the last week when he released his latest YouTube sensation “Down on Me” with 50 Cent.

Keenan has been known for his YouTube lip-syncing videos of top 40 songs over the past few months. His talent has been seen by all. Not too long ago Keenan started to get recognized by the press all over when Katy Perry gave a shout out to his performance of “teenage dream”.

His name is now every where and everyone is watching. Perez Hilton even blogged about him!  He has a steady fan base following his twitter page. I’m sure his facebook is being creeped by millions each day as well.

Countless news articles and blogs are talking about this famous 15 year old on the daily. Just type his name into Google or any search engine.

Here is part of an interview from AOL.News that was recorded:

What’s the best thing about the Internet?
You can do anything on the Internet. Even for a young singer or actor, you can get so much exposure from it.

What’s the worst thing about the Internet?
Probably the negative comments you get if you post videos. Just people who think you’re really bad. They don’t need to see your videos, but they leave mean comments anyways.

Other than check your e-mail, what’s the first thing you do on the Internet each day?
I check my YouTube and my Facebook page.

If you could take a road trip with any three people, living or dead, who would you take, where would you go, and what car would you drive?
I would take a Mustang because that’s the car I really want. I would probably take Michael Jackson because he’s like the most inspiring person for music; I’d probably take John Lennon from the Beatles because he’s one of my favorite old musicians; I’d also take Katy Perry because she has put my name out there and made it famous. And I’d drive to LA because it’s where I really want to live and start being in TV shows and movies.

If you had to enter a competitive eating contest, what would you want the food to be?
White Castle cheeseburgers.

How do you draw the line on who gets to be your “friend” on Facebook, and who gets ignored?
I let all my fans be my friend. But if they’re people that are just haters, if they leave mean comments, then I’ll just delete them.

What would I be surprised to find on your iPod?
That I only have like one Justin Bieber song.

Here are some of his videos too! Including his newest duet with 50 Cent:

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Keenan was even so fortunate to get to do a live performace for a morning news station:

I can’t wait to see what Mr. Cahill has in store for us next, and what his bright future brings him.

Leave a response

Your response: