Posted by: | 25th Oct, 2010

Christmas Market November 17-21

Noticed that this is not a blog for promotion; it is just a advertisement just can successfully attract my attention. Last week I saw the advertisement of Christmas Market at the UBC bus loop, and also my destination bus stop.

I heard”oh this guy is taking a picture to the bus~” from a girl behind me when I took the shot. What’s that mean?

I live in Joyce by the way.

This ads remind me the promotion strategies of goods and service of Marketing. First I think most of us realize that Translink is always one of the most popular advertising “tools” in Vancouver; in fact, many of the public transportations are. For example the banners on the buses is like a moving object that more attractive for your sight; even though you may not have quite interest to the content of the ads, you may still have a look. Also, most of the passengers taking buses or Skytrains are quite boring in fact, so a visual ads would be more effective at that time.

And then the second thing inspires me is the design of the ads. Later the promotion strategy will be covered in the lectures, so I may pay more attention on that part. When ad is just an image, the aim of the ads must have to be very clear, shows the content that you want your potential customers know, no more and no less. In this case, only the product “37th Christmas Market”, date “November 17-21”, and Location “Vancouver Convention Centre West” are shown to make sure customers will be there on time. However, what is the exact details about the market?  how many retailers will be there? How much is the ticket? Keeping some secrets and imagination space to the customers is a good strategy too; makes me wonder and go to find what’s really going on there. At last, colourfulness is a powerful tool in advertising design because humans naturally are more sensational to colourful stuff, and we usually build up our memory based on colours more than letters. Unless the ads have to be very stylish, otherwise usually it won’t be just black and white.

Leave a response

Your response: