Third Week(Part 1) : What went right/wrong

This week I got news that US soybean harvest was a record 38 percent complete as of Sept. 30, also weekly export inspections of soybeans were 41.699 million bushels, well above forecasts for 13 million to 16 million.  In addition forecasts called for near-ideal harvest weather in the US Midwest for the next 10 days, the harvest will still increase the supply of soybeans. Therefore, bigger-than-expected US soybean supplies is a very significant factor to let me chose a short soybean contract on Oct.3. In my opinion, the relationship between supply and demand is the basis of the entire market, the rapid changes in the relationship between supply and demand will play a role in the market price. At last, I win in this contract (realized gain is $ 3174), then on Oct.4, I think soybean price will still decreasing, I continue to choose 3 soybean contracts, hoping to earn more money. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of money in this transaction.

On the other hand, the United States will not run out of corn despite drought losses and tight beginning stocks, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Oct.1. Then I choose a short corn contract.

Date        Contract     Position     Quantity     Gain/loss

10-3           C2Z         short        1           -1313.5

10-3           S2X         short        1           +3174

10-4           S2X         short        3          -2401*3