The other day my friends told me to bring them drinks when I was going to a vending machine. One of them cannot decide whether she should get a bottle of water or ice tea.  She wanted something tasty while not containing too much calories.  The compromise choice is to have a bottle of vitamin water. In this blog, I would like to analyze the marketing situation for Glaceau Vitamin water.

The strength of vitamin water is obvious.  It is healthy because it contains less sugar and calories.  Compared with water, it comes with different fruit flavors, which makes it friendlier to your tongue. Hence, it has competitive advantage over pops in terms of providing customers a healthier life style (it contains vitamin and minerals) and a better taste than plain water. However, I think the package of vitamin water could be improved. A cool package will help it to catch people’s attention. The opportunity of vitamin water lies in the group of people who desire a healthy lifestyle.  Pops are generally not welcomed by parents even though kids love them. However, a drink that is both healthy and tasty is hard to be rejected by any members in a family. In terms of threats, there are similar products on the market, such as diet coke.

Comment now!

Trackbacks