MI Phone: For Customers

000806vvihnevgnljkkiql

(image source)

search more for MIUI

MI Phone is a Chinese cell phone company that succeeds in the market in China. With a fairly inexpensive price per phone–about $365 and outstanding performances, this brand appeals to a lot of smart phone “fans”. At first I thought that low price was the major reason for the company’s success, but afterwards I found something far beyond this.

This company has a well defined target: Chinese smart phone users with limited budget. Besides setting the price low, the company exert great efforts in providing what Chinese want. This gave birth to MIUI, a system ROM operated specially for MI Phone users. Its performance caters with Chinese people’s preferences in using cell phones. The company realizes the importance of “crawling into the skin of their customers” (Clay Christensen). Personally, I would say that the company does have a price advantage over its rival, but the truth of its success is customization. Most of the cell phone companies can probably work out a solution to provide inexpensive phones after research, but only the one who gives what buyers NEED will stand out.