What Apple Tries To Gain From iPad Mini?

After Apple launched its reduced size tablet- the iPad Mini, I visited the Apple store in downtown Vancouver to find out what exactly this product looks like. During the half hour stay in the store, I found out that many people just come to the store to check out the iPad Mini and there were more women than men that stopped to touch this brand new product.

Although some people complain that Apple has become less and less innovative so that it just reduces the size of the original iPad and comes up with the iPad Mini. While in my opinion, the iPad Mini will become another huge success of Apple.
From the very first test of iPad Mini, I immediately fell in love with this product. I love holding it. The iPad mini weighs almost nothing, which makes it a better option for reading long periods of time. Mentioning reading, it’s necessary to point out that Apple’s key strategy in launching iPad Mini is to go on to the defensive battle competing with Google’s Nexus 7 and Amazon’s Kindle Fire. Obviously Apple can’t neglect the fact that other tablet s are emerging and taking away its potential market. In my opinion, it is necessary for Apple to have the iPad mini to prevent its consumers from turning to other lighter tablets of its competitors. In fact, Apple’s initial marketing campaign for the new iPad mini is focusing on attracting women since women are the dominant owners of high end e-reader. By targeting women, Apple will not only be able to keep its potential e-reader consumers but also increase the popularity of the iPad.
Another reason that I think iPAD mini will be successful is as always crediting to Apple’s brilliant marketing strategy. On its official Apple website, it positions the iPad mini as “the whole package, in a smaller package”. It also mentions “the full iPad experience ” for iPad mini. Again Apple tries to focus on its point of difference to convince consumers that the iPad mini is an advancement of the iPad.

Links for further reading:
http://qz.com/19314/apple-has-a-clear-target-with-its-ipad-mini-advertising-women/
http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/overview/