Blog Marketing

Thinking about what should I upload for my first post, I suddenly think about ‘Blog Marketing’. I’m posting about marketing in the blog…so those two are just came up in my mind together. Because the power of internet is getting bigger and most of the people all over the world can share the information, the influence of blog marketing is huge. In this post, I want to share about my experience about blog marketing.

Actually lots of people have their own blog these days, some blogs are just individual blog that they share their daily life. They post the stores and restuarants they visited and share the information and their thinking. Lots of people can get reliable information from the blog. Because people think those information is not from company, but from actually costumer like themsleves. For this reason, companies want to make their own companies blog which can give more information about their product on internet in natural way. For example, I saw the blog which is run by one employee of cosmetic company. She posts about products after she actually uses them. She writes about how she feels after using the product. Also upload pictures of product, and way to use product.

On the other way which actaully affected me to buy some product is the ‘Blog Event Marketing’. The company lends their product to about 200 people and requires them to use the product for certain period of time. After they should post about their thoughts about the product on their own individual blog. After that, the company chooses the best 3 bloggers and actaully gives them the product as reward. The benefit of this blog event marketing is it can give more reliable impression to people who search for the product because they think the information is from normal people who is not related to company.

Therefore we can say that the power of blog marketing is it gives more neutral information to people so that they can trust more. But actually both employees who post about their products and the events participatants are affected by companies.

Hello, everyone!

Hello,

I’m Jieun Kim who is taking COMM296 with you! Before posting the marketing post, I want to introduce myself briefly and my blog.

I’m exchange student from Seoul National University which is in Seoul, Korea and I will stay in UBC for only this one term. I’m so glad that I can take class with all of you guys. But for this reason, I want you to understand my English. English is my second languege, so maybe some words and expressions are not correct, then please let me know! I’m still in my way to learning English 🙂

Also, about my blog. I’m going to post about marketing which I actually experience and see. I hope this blog is the way I can express myself and share all of our experience together. For that reason, I thought posting what I actually experience and writing about my thinking and feeling is the best way to use this blog. So that this blog might be less professional but I hope it’s easy to read and easy to drop by!

and I’m Planning to post some example of Korea’s Marketing because most of my knowledge is base on Korea and it might be interesting for you guys to know about other country’s marketing example and you can also know about Korean culture, too!

Hope u all will enjoy my blog!

Thank you,

Jieun Kim