Apps that I can’t live without

Apps have become a hot consumer trend within the last couple of years. It is hard to imagine life without interacting with these apps on a daily basis keep me balanced, organized, social, entertained, and educated. I have separated my favourite apps in 6 categories: 1) Health & Fitness; 2) Organization; 3) Social; 4) Music; 5) Photography; and 6) Reading.

1)   Health & Fitness

Yogify – I’m a yoga fanatic and believe Yogify is the perfect solution for when I can’t make my regular studio classes! Yogify has different levels and different programs (strength, balance & flexibility) to customize my practice just the way I want.

MapMyRun – When I train for running races I typically use this program to track my pace and distance.

FitStar with Tony Gonzalez – My digital personal trainer. I use this iPad app at home to get a quick sweat in. It customizes my workouts so I am constantly challenging myself.

Sleep Cycle – I was using this app to track my sleep patterns and overall sleep quality and how it affected my daily performance and mood.

2)   Organization

RBC Mobile – For paying bills and transferring funds – Fun stuff. J

Rogers My Account – Tracks my usage, balance and services such as My10 Canada-wide.

Evernote – I find the UI simple and easy to use. I like to create different notebooks to organize my notes & tag them for searching ease. I frequently use images to support content & have the capability to share these notes with friends.

Other: Dropbox, Google Drive, Passbook

3)   Social

I use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat on a daily basis for.

Other: Skype, Facetime, Pinterest

4)   Music

Shazam – I frequently shazam songs that I hear around me and want to know the titles of. Once the song is identified, it can track it down in the iTunes store and I usually instantly download it.

8tracks – My go-to music sharing site where I have saved my favourite playlists.

Other: iTunes

5)   Photography

Aviary – This is my favourite photo editing app because it makes my pictures look stellar & best of all…it’s free!

Moldiv – Another great app that edits multiple photos to make amazing collages with instant “share” features.

Other: YouTube, Hypemachine

6)   Reading

BBC – My favourite world news app

The Huffington Post – Covers all relevant local politics, business, and lifestyle conversations that matter to me.

Mashable – The best marketing app out there to keep me up-to-date on industry news.

Dictionary – Always good to have this on standby in the event there is a word I come across that I need to look up or if I’m looking for synonyms.Other: SethGodin, The Economist, National Geographic, Macleans, NYT, Women’s Health, Kindle, Goodreads, iBooks,

I have similarly categorized these apps on my iPhone by grouping them in folders. Are there any other apps that you can’t live without? Comment at the bottom!