Application Letter

No 301, South Jinhui road, Minhang Disctrict
Shanghai, China, 201103

September 17, 2020

ENGL 301 99A – Technical Writing
University of British Columbia
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4

Dear classmates of ENGL 301 99A,

My name is Jessica Lee and I am a third-year student at the University of British Columbia, majoring in Sociology. I learned through ENGL 301 99A’s blog that you are looking for a new member for your professional writing team – it is in my belief that I am a fitting candidate to contribute to your team, thus, please consider this as my letter of application to you all.

I spent my past two years at UBC exploring a myriad of courses including Visual Arts, English Literature, Economics – all of which has allowed to me to understand the different styles of writing that may be required in the many fields of life. Over the three courses of Creative Writing that I took, I was exposed to digital media writing, non-fiction writing and kids writing which I believe can all come of practical use in our everyday life and in professional settings. Though, I do tend to dwell on sentence structures and wordings at times which could slow down the writing process, I always manage to deliver on time with the existence of deadlines.

Outside of classrooms, I was the Coordinator of Communications for the UBC PINK club in 2019 – 2020. During my time at UBC PINK, I managed our Instagram account and helped gain more than 700 new followers for the account. I also learned to communicate both verbally and in written forms, with local charities such as Rabitat for collaborated events of more than fifty people and gained sponsorships from major brands such as Yerbamate and BUMBLE.

Additionally, having spent my summer interning at NIKE GCHQ, NIKE TW, and now at URBN CHINA, I have been trained to contact and communicate professionally with my colleagues as well as superiors. As a marketing intern, I produce marketing contents such as livestream drafts, influencer’s social media content briefs, and design consumer surveys for Urban Outfitters China. Logistics wise, I coordinated event logistics for UO China’s inaugural pop-up earlier this month which had a traffic of more than forty-eight-hundred people over a total of four days.

The aforementioned experiences and other accomplishments would make me an exceptional asset to your professional writing team, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider me to be an official member of your group. Please do not hesitate to contact me at jessicalee6688@yahoo.com should you have any further questions. I thank you in advance for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jessica Lee

301 Jessica Lee Application Letter