Okay so here we are week 4.

It has been 1 week since I picked up my second class (Block 2). I don’t know what it is about Block 2 but they are driving me slightly insane.

Today started fine, I sat in the department office grading in-class essays.

Then, while reading one paper, I realized that this student is clearly plagiarizing her work. I googled the phrase, and I was right, plagarism.  My fourth week, my first case of plagarism, and my first assigned F.

Then Block 2 happens. It goes relatively well, except having to raise my voice at them to make them stop talking. I think it freaked them out because until now I’ve been pretty chill. Everything goes back to being fine and running smoothe, until 5 minutes to the bell when three students just walk out of my class. I chase after them and, in an extremely clear and loud voice, I yell at them that the class is not over and they must return, interrupting a few classes in the area, and forced the three students to stay behind until everyone else had left.

Today has me thinking that maybe I should have just done my masters and be in a library alone, reading a book. But I honestly believe I am in the right place. And, as everyone reassured me during lunch, this stuff is normal and I did the right thing. I don’t know.