MJ’s Back

With the NBA season just around the corner, basketball fans should be pumped and excited for a brand new fresh start.  For extreme ballers though, they should barely be able to contain themselves!   With the release of NBA 2K11 in less than 2 weeks, gamers will be able to play as one of the, if not, greatest, to ever play the game: Michael Jordan.  If that wasn’t enough, they even came out with a new commercial which I saw l the other day and I had quite a laugh. Take a look:

YouTube Preview Image

The commercial displays some of the new young stars in the NBA now reliving Michael Jordan’s greatest moments … in the game of course.  I find this commercial quite entertaining and eye catching due to the humour, uniqueness, and overall clever concept.

It starts off with a bunch of NBA players in a room playing the NBA game itself.  That is something in which I find quite ironic yet witty.  I have yet to see a basketball game commercial with the basketball players themselves playing it so has a nice twist to it. I had a good laugh when I saw Rose just cooking while everyone else was just playing around.  They also end up holding their own dunk contest and it just ends up really goofy.  Another ironic point here is that NBA players usually uphold themselves in a professional manner but in this case, we see the opposite side of that.  The commercial then just ends off with them finishing the game and Rose still prepping in the kitchen.

All said and done though, I think the commercial still contains a main focal point around the Jordan game play.  The game itself contains a new mode, known as “Jordan mode” where players will be able to play as Michael Jordan himself and relive all his glorious moments.  I think 2K sports did a great job of selling the game, while embracing it humour and comical scenes as well.

And who knew that Rose could cook?!

1 Response to MJ’s Back

1. Chase says:

I am definitely thrilled seeing this commercial as much as you are John. I agree with your opinion about this commercial. Very attracting and humorous!
    Read what I have to say about it: https://blogs.ubc.ca/clee/2010/10/02/mjs-back-john-tsang/