RE: How To Be Kinder To Retail Workers This Holiday Season

Rohit Bhargava (external blog) brought up a good point about treating retail workers well this holiday season. They have to deal with brands trying to communicate endless streams of information having to do with promotions. In a scramble to promote, are these retail stores treating their employees well?

Here’s the link to the article and what my thoughts were:

http://www.rohitbhargava.com/2013/11/how-to-be-kinder-to-retail-workers-this-holiday-season.html

Reflection

I didn’t know what to expect.

I was assigned into a group with 5 strangers and we immediately formed a bond while going out for dinner. This bond eventually drove us to succeed.

First assignment- The Situation Analysis. What situation were we put in? Each of us capitalized on our strengths and we became focused on the task at hand. However, we could never find a time where we could all physically meet so everything was done through Skype. There was a lot of cross-editing done and we picked up each others slack.

Second Assignment- STP. I remember staying up late for this one. The challenge was in coordinating everything through Skype. We each did our part on a Google Doc and we had designated editors to edit and format everything. However there was a deep group discussion prior to this assignment. We learned the importance of time-management as we had busy schedules.

Third Assignment- Video. This is where the fun begins. Through teamwork and determination, we made self-sacrifices and set aside one day where we could all meet. Mark did most of the Visual Media work as he was the most technology savvy. We each specialized in a specific marketing mix while collectively working on the recommendations for the whole company. I learned that planning everything beforehand really helped when it came time to meet.

Reviews:

Wow, plenty of positive feedback! The experience with the peer feedback definitely made us feel good about ourselves. We definitely had a strong hook that was able to engage the audience, however, most of our actual content ended up being repetitive. We could have worked on creativity throughout the video as well.