Linking Assignment: Mode Bending

Task 7: Erin Duchesne

I loved Erin’s mode bending use of Tik Tok!! So I decided to do the same thing! This is another example of how another peers creativity gave me ideas for my own task!

Similarly to Erin, I also see the amazing and creative ways content creators engage with Tik Tok and wanted to go out on a limb to try and make my own Tik Tok! It is interesting how new forms of technology can be intimidating to learn. I am grateful to learn that mode-bending also got Erin out of her comfort zone, and she felt similarly to me!

Erin put quite a bit of thought into her Tik Tok, carefully curating and matching her short clip to the appropriate sound bite to invoke a mood. I took a bit more of an informal approach with the goal of incorporating more humor. Erin did a great job of putting transitions into her clip, between each item, while adding a funny comment with voice over text. I opted to showcase what was in my bag by filming what a ‘day in the life of a MET student’ looks like. I also used the text to speech functionality to make it more ‘trendy’ and ‘viral’.