Linking Assignment: Twine Task

Linking Assignment

Throughout the duration of the course, we were encouraged to visit our classmates blog spaces to engage with their content and find linking relationships between our content. I am very grateful for the opportunity to see my classmates work before, during and after I have completed my own because it broadens and extends my understanding of the concepts. Below I have listed 6 other classmates who’s work either grew my understanding, confirmed my understanding, or who challenged my understanding of the concepts. There were other classmates blog sites that I visited which aren’t represented in this list. Sometimes I left comments on my peers blog sites as well. The headings are hyperlinked to each peers post!

Task 5: Jennifer Guth 

Jennifer and I both created a Twine game geared towards healthcare. I really enjoyed seeing her interpretation of Twine and how this could be utilized for gamified learning.

Her game was incredibly informative! I was especially impressed with how she was able to provide additional, outside learning resources via hyperlinks. I was not able to figure out how to do this and therefore didn’t think it was possible. Due to the hyperlinks she incorporated, I could supplement my learning, based on my own learning assessment, while working through the game. Seeing how she executed her game has given me more knowledge about the affordances of Twine.

I do agree with Jennifer’s cautious outlook on the affordances of the game overall. It is very text heavy and is easy to click through without actually taking in the text you are reading. I also appreciated the points she made about Twine not being portable, hindering ubiquitous learning as well as how challenging it is to collaborate on the same Twine game. Additionally, we both discussed the issue of usability around using this platform for gamified learning, the challenges surrounding the requirement of HTML coding knowledge as well as the limitations of learning itself. To my surprise, when I went back to her site for this part of the assignment, I saw she also linked to my Twine task!