About Me

Hello everyone. My name is Joey Turco and I currently reside in Vancouver British Columbia. At the moment I am a teacher in the North Vancouver and Vancouver school districts working as a teacher on call. As well, I run a small computer audio business working with musicians all over the lower mainland of British Columbia.

For the last 14 years, teaching has made a profound impact on my life.  Whether it was coaching hockey and ice-skating programs for the Richmond Community Association, working as a guitar teacher throughout the lower mainland or working as a “mad scientist” in an after-school program, teaching has always been an enjoyable experience that I have gained a wealth of information from.

I elected to pursue a career as an educator because of my desire to make a difference in the community.  I enjoy working with children and I would like to play a crucial role in inspiring and creating life long learners.  In addition, I welcome the daily challenges that come with the profession and believe that with the experiences that I have acquired throughout my life, I can accomplish these objectives.

Teaching Philosophy

In the right environment, I believe that all children have the desire to learn. A school environment should foster, encourage and inspire learning as well as create a community spirit in which all children will flourish. In addition, I believe that technology can play a crucial role in inspiring and educating students.

Specializations

Music and music technology (guitar, drums and bass as well as computer audio
music recording production).

Computer technology (broad knowledge of computer technology on Linux, PC (Windows) and
Mac including programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, web design,
photoshop, Cubase, Pro Tools, Garageband, Logic Audio, Reason, Sony Vegas etc).

Film and video production (documentary film-making, video production, digital
video editing).

Photography. (Both digital and traditional photography as well as photo developing).