The Finale

The semester has been a busy one, that’s for sure. One of the most time consuming activities this semester was this video project. My team and I spent over 10 hours filming and re-filming, and then re-filming some more. The entire time I just kept thinking how much easier a presentation would be. Between planning, filming and editing, the hours that went into the video felt like they could have been used elsewhere…but then I saw the finished product. The video that was a large weight on my shoulder for a few weeks turned out to be something I was very proud of. Not only was the finished product better than expected, my team cohesion also increased. It may have been the desire to leave the classroom we had been cooped up in, but my team finally put their heads together and worked well. Ideas were flowing and people were finally speaking up. It felt nice to see everything come together.

Looking back, I do not feel as negatively about this project as I had before. Yes, a presentation would have been shorter and easier to create, but I think the finished product would have suffered. We would have rushed through the thought-process, practiced the presentation once or twice through and then called it a night. The video forced us to stick it out until the end and for that I am thankful. Overall, this has been a great learning process and I would be happy to do it again.