How LuluLemon Helps Me Get Fit

Every new year, I aim to become more fit as my New Years’ Resolution. And every new year, I buy items such as running gloves or headbands from LuluLemon. Sounds like a trend.

So, how exactly does LuluLemon help me to become fit?

It begins with the image that LuluLemon conveys. To extend beyond being just a clothing store which sells mainly yoga or exercise wear, LuluLemon creates value for consumers by conveying a healthy lifestyle and a community leader. Acting as a sort of health guru, they instill this idea by delivering uplifting messages to consumers by printing them on the bags and water bottles that they sell. They promote sustainability, creativity, and self-confidence.

With the goal of affecting consumers’ affective behaviour, their advertisements portray images of smiling, happy, and fit people in order to cause consumers to feel motivated and encouraged to aim for a healthier lifestyle, in order to become that same happy person on their ads. Essentially, by giving advice through their advertisements or goods, they make consumers feel good when they buy LuluLemon products because wearing them shows that they have made a commitment to living a balanced lifestyle.

So, they don’t necessarily help me to lose pounds, per say, but I like to think that whenever I wear LuluLemon clothing, I’m getting closer to reaching my goal of having a healthy and fit lifestyle. It motivates me by making me think, hey, if other regular people on these advertisements can do it, so can I!

However, after a couple of months, they end up collecting dust in the bottom of my closet. Yet I find myself coming back for more, and I have LuluLemon’s strong brand image to blame.