Mar 24 2011

Greatest lesson learned from someone else

Published by at 10:31 pm under Uncategorized

I’ve learned from my dad that it’s important to have a positive mindset on the various things we encounter every day. For instance, if you miss an opportunity to do something, there will always be more opportunities that awaits in the future. If you failed your midterm, just study your butt off and ace the final (easier said than done). The point is, not only do we need to learn from our mistakes and failures, it’s important to keep in mind that some things are just not meant to be. Back when I was first looking for a part-time job, about 3 years ago, I went McDonald’s, where some of the students at my high school were working at. However, I was rejected, perhaps due to the fact that during the interview, when the manager asked me how long I was planning to work there, I responded by saying I wasn’t sure. He then followed by saying that he didn’t want to pay someone $6.10 if they weren’t gonna stay for a long time. Now I realize that the correct answer to that question should have been “forever”. Discouraged, I thought to myself that if I wasn’t even capable of being hired by McDonald’s, then how was I going to get a better position? Reflecting back, I’m glad I got rejected because not long afterwards, I got a new job that pays more than McDonald’s, and I wouldn’t have had to endure the smell of fried, fatty foods all day long. It’s not the end of the world if you fail a test or do badly on an assignment, as I’ve heard of people who failed courses and still ended up becoming very successful people. However, it’s necessary to learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistakes again, all the while looking at the positive side of things if you do make mistakes from time to time.

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS