Coca-Cola loves Veterans Day

Remembrance Day, otherwise known as “Veterans Day” in the States, has just passed. I think the existence of Remembrance Day it’s a very great tradition and shows a lot about the nation. I can tell you there is no such day as Remembrance Day in the country where I come from.  We have the Independence Day of China sitting on the first day of October, when all that people ever do is celebrate, slowing forgetting about the past, the unspeakable, and the hundreds of millions that perished in the wars.

With that being said, sorry about the divergence, I think it would be almost unethical for companies to promote their products on a day such as Remembrance Day. However, Coca-Cola has found a nice way around that.

http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/my_weblog/2010/11/veterans-day-2010.html

The link above directs you to an entry in the blog of Coca-Cola, in which a dated painting work can be found. In the painting, possibly dating back to WWII, men from several branches of service in the army are shown playing cards. On table are also, you guessed it, Coca-Cola bottles.

I would assume this painting has touched the hearts of many many nostalgic people around the country. It’s nice to take a walk down the memory lane and savor the good’ol guns blazing, trumpet sounding, and nurse chasing days. And of course, there was Coca-Cola, every single day of the life – might as well go out and buy one now right?

Good job Coca-Cola!