Re: Marijuana Can Get You a Date!?

Today I want to share some of my thoughts that emerged in my mind  after reading an interesting article ‘Stoners get high on love with marijuana dating sites’ and Moeko Uvara’s review on it (click here to read it).

On one hand, I think that this idea is beneficial for addicted to marijuana usage people. It gives them an opportunity to meet someone who could be shocked because of the fat of marijuana consumption. People are always trying to find someone who would understand their feelings and have the same outlook. In addition, it is undoubtedly untouched niche market that can potentially bring huge profit, because the level of marijuana acceptance across the united States is becoming higher gradually.

Regulating medical marijuana

However, it is also a kind of advertisement of marijuana itself. This idea of dating sites for marijuana-addicted people could easily lead to the increase of dependent on marijuana humans. As a consequence, the overall level of health condition of the mankind could become worse. It has to be perceived as a serious reason to think twice before giving this plan an ability to expand.

I would like to note that I have nothing against marijuana-addicted people and do not consume any form of psychoactive drug myself. 

Online Business: E-Commerce Advantages

How many hours a day you spend online? Do you have an experience of buying something from Internet stores? Have you ever searched for a product in the Internet before purchasing it? If you answered “yes” for one or more questions, this article is for you! You will definitely understand the importance of online business, as stated in one of the articles on Business News Daily website.

Some advantages of e-commerce component are inevitable expansion of costumer range, new opportunities to build stronger and better relationships with public, attract internet-buyers to your shop and, finally, get more detailed idea of demand.

In my opinion, it’s very important to stay up-to-date with online information about your customers desires. Such sites as Instagram, Pinterest and many others can help you with it. It is really easy to track new trends and tastes of people, who are registered there (which refers to millions of users!) and to build statistics to your own kind of goods.

By going online, you create more comfortable conditions for buyers to purchase your product. You show  your care for someone, who does not have enough time to go shopping in-store.

You save people’s time and, as far as we all know, time is money. Rephrasing it for our situation, time is more valuable than money.

Corporate Social Responsibility Improvement: Is It Possible?

How could a small article influence successful business? We are living in the time of technological progress and media devices, when every piece of information posted online immediately becomes a public domain. But mostly important, does it effect corporate social responsibility (CSR)? Article written by Michael E. Porter and Mark R. Kramer for Harvard Business Reviews made me think about it in some different directions.

When the company’s performance is harmful for the society or ecology, just as in situations like Nike consumers’  boycott and Green Peace’s protest against Shell Oil, someone has to improve it. Press rebukes are beneficial for aggrieved parties, but they are simultaneously generating new deprived sides, as employees with decreased wages.

Besides, in some cases the necessity and appropriateness of media intervention could be questioned. For instance, in case of Nestlé bottled water production we should not blame the company strictly. there are many other significant reasons for shortage in fresh water access (agricultural irrigation, etc.).

Consequently, social welfare is determined, to some extent, by business success and performance and every company has to take it into account. Trying to make solid-foundationed CSR reports instead of vague ones is the way to offload these problems.