Reflection on the Web Folio

by karenoko

The web folio assignment was the last assignment on Unit 4. In this assignment, we were instructed to create a website showcasing all the work from the past semester. My site includes a home page, about me, resume, application package, and best works page.

This assignment allowed me to look back and reflect on all the work I’ve done this semester, and how I have progressed over the past three months. I was able to identify areas of weakness through common issues that repeated across different assignments. Review is an important part of growth, as it allowed me to recognize my mistakes and grow from them. Going over my past assignments and looking at feedback opened my eyes to the value of others reading your work. Taking feedback into account will not only make me a better writer, but will also make me a better reviewer.

Organizing the web folio was a bit tedious, as I had to rearrange my original blog site to incorporate the new information. Creating a website with UBC blogs was also out of my comfort zone, as I am unfamiliar with the platform. I decided to use UBC to gain a new skill so I could learn how to navigate a different platform for website making. This assignment allowed for customization and creative freedom, which I found to be helpful in making my website how I want it to be.