Resume

Karen Okoyomon

karenokoyomon@gmail.com             +1 647-833-2447

Education

• Appleby College ’19 — 93% Grade 12 Top 6 average
  • University of British Columbia BA ’23

Job Experience

Technician at Digital Media Academy | JUNE 2021- AUGUST 2021

• At Digital Media Academy (DMA), I worked as a technician for the summer 2021 Virtual Tech Camps. I supported students, parents, and instructors with technical help to solve software & hardware issues.
  • At times, there would be up to 12 classes running at the same time, and as the sole technician I was able to practice my skills in multitasking to efficiently help each person with their respective technical problems

Social Media Intern at Space Age | APRIL 2021 – JUNE 2021

• Space Age is a branding and media production agency based in Toronto, ON. At Space Age, I worked in digital marketing. My work involved scouting new clients, conducting research, and designing media such eBooks and Instagram posts.

Participant Services Representative at Manulife Financial | APRIL 2020- AUGUST 2020

• I worked at Manulife as a Customer Service Representative, where I answered incoming calls on the phone to assist customers with technical and financial inquiries. This gave me great intrapersonal skills and allowed me to talk to a plethora of different types of people on a day-to-day basis. It also gave me teamworking skills, as I had to communicate with other representatives frequently to relay information.

Design Projects

I have over 3 years of experience in Digital Media, Graphic Design, Photography and Film. I can also with various Adobe editing software. My digital portfolio: https://2019088.wixsite.com/portfolio

Volunteer Work

Toronto Comic Arts Festival | MAY 2019

• At this festival, artists gather to meet their inspirations in the digital art world. We host panels for successful creators to share their experiences to aspiring artists in the Toronto Area.
  • I assisted with organizing the area to ensure the proper flow of people and assisted them to the correct area based on their interests.

Community Living, Oakville | FEBRUARY 2017 – FEBRUARY 2019

• At community living, staff and volunteers run different events such as a Halloween Dance or Valentine’s Day Dance for individuals with special needs in the Halton region. I talk to the guests and welcome them, as well as serve food and beverages.
  • I am passionate about Community Living Oakville because It allows me to interact with different people in the community who I may otherwise not see on a daily basis and helps counter a stigma around people with disabilities.

Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Etobicoke | FEBRUARY 2018 – JUNE 2018

• At the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, we sell gently used furniture and decorations at a lower price
  • I assisted with moving furniture in and out of the building, as well as organizing and cleaning the store

Skills

• Python, Java, Racket
  • Microsoft Office
  • Mac OS
  • Windows/PC
  • Adobe Creative Suite
  • Final Cut Pro X