Recent Posts

Topics

we love candy, yes we do

Every day I take the bus and skytrain an hour and a half to get to UBC.  Although this takes up a lot of time and can often be uncomfortable and miserable, I get to see a lot of new things I probably wouldn’t see if I were driving.  These sites include interesting people on the bus each day and of course, the many advertisements posted on the skytrain and bus billboards. 

An advertisement campaign that has continually caught my eye lately, has been the posters for Maynard’s Candies such as Fuzzy Peaches, Swedish Berries, and Gummi Bears.  These posters are made to look as mug shots for each individual candy character with “Maynard’s Most Wanted” in bold letters at the top of each ad.  They are colourful, bright and appealing as they not only have the power to create candy cravings in people, but also generate a little chuckle from their phrases such as wanted for “disturbing the peach” in the case of Fuzzy Peaches, and wanted for “pucker-punching” for Sour Cherries. 

In addition, this campaign also does a great job of promoting Maynard’s candies as each poster also features codes that people can use to “Capture” the candy and enter in an online contest on Facebook for the chance to win $25,000. 

Everyone loves candy.  Everyone loves the chance to win money. Maynard’s has certain struck gold with this new marketing campaign.