Katy at UBC

My second year at UBC!

Katy at UBC header image 2

Need a Break from Studying?

November 22nd, 2011 by Katy

By now, most of you should be finished with midterms (except those of us with papers.) However, everyone needs a break now and again. I’ll admit that I like watching TV, and I have a soft spot for shows with a lot of guts and gore.

Shows I watch (and why you should too):

1. Parks and  Recreation: It’s like a less awkward version of The Office. Plus, Ron Swanson is a badass.
  2. Criminal Minds: Now that the regular cast has been rehired, the show has really picked up after a lull last season. Criminal Minds is a procedural drama about serial killers – unlike CSI (which I don’t really enjoy) they try to catch the killer before he/she kills another person.
  3. The Walking Dead: A mismatched group of people try to survive the zombie apocalypse. I love this show – there’s blood, guts, and it’s really fun to watch. I’m not even exaggerating when I say that my whole family watches this show – my cousins were the ones who actually told me to start watching it!
  4. Supernatural (Seasons 1-3): I really enjoyed Supernatural up until the 4th Season, but after that the show jumped the shark and turned into some sort of crazy Biblical soap opera. If you like monsters/attractive men I guarantee you will like this show.
Are there any other shows I should be watching? What shows do you guys watch? It’s funny – when you actually list what shows you enjoy it’s pretty revealing about your personality.
Katy
x

Tags: 5 Comments

Leave A Comment

5 responses so far ↓

• 1 Alexa Nov 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm

MODERN FAMILY

• 2 Lillienne Nov 27, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Haha, I don’t know if you would like these shows, as we might have different tastes, but I really enjoyed past seasons of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. They’re both disappointing me these days, though.

• 3 Katy Nov 27, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Haha my friend Janille watches those exact shows! I’ve seen one episode of How I Met Your Mother, and it was pretty funny. I think it’s one of those shows where you’ve got to start at the beginning though.

• 4 Weeny Dec 19, 2011 at 11:35 am

Whaaat?! The awkwardness in Office is what makes it so funny 🙁
    However, this “Parks and Recreation” interests me greatly.

• 5 Katy Dec 19, 2011 at 11:42 am

Yeah, I think P&R is really funny, it gets better in the second season! I hope your exams went well or are going well! 🙂