Michael Hallat, what a man!

This one will be contradicting Nicole Poon’s blog post. While most people were all serious in the room when Michael Hallat was giving us a glimpse on his business “Pirate Joe’s”, I couldn’t contain my laughter. My laughter wasn’t because of me making fun of him, but because of how incredible I thought he was. This fact maybe derived because of my culture, which goes back to my hometown, the Dominican Republic. Corruption is a real matter in my country, most people who are successful went against the “business ethics” at some point. In this case, I consider Hallat an unbelievably wise business man.

It’s evident that Canadians follow the line way more than most of us do, but reselling products of a company that is not established near your location at all, is not an unethical action. It is rather an opportunity. I would say that Mike Hallat’s business is instead a bridge that benefits Trader Joe’s. For some reason, after being sued several times, Mike Hallat’s Pirate Joe’s remains alive. What damages is the pirate bringing to society? none. Is he bringing  any benefits? yes, he’s satisfying Trader Joe’s fans needs.