A New Computer For Children

My parents bought me my first video game console when I was 5 and my first computer when I was 12. I spent much of my childhood in front of a TV screen with my friends. New innovations can help the next generation avoid some of the mistakes we made in our childhood.

Eben Upton created a computer designed for children at an affordable price, around 50 dollars. Their market price being low made me think they were using low-cost labor, so I was surprised to find out that the Raspberry Pi is being domestically produced in Great Britain. They must be extremely efficient in their production process. This is great for their citizens, as many jobs have been created.

This product is being integrated in selected elementary schools in the UK as teachers can use it in their classrooms. The Raspberry Pi could be used as a substitute to game consoles and video games. Yet it is not a globally popular product. The question for this company is how to expand and gain more popularity. I think they need to continue to advertise their product as beneficial in educating the youth, on a larger scale.

BBC Business Article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24435809