Kiip -CEO Brian Wong

When I attended the two miniEnterprize conferences in my senior years of highschool, I learned about this revolutionary app company called Kiip (a rewards network). The CEO of the company is Brian Wong, who is a Sauder alumni.

The company’s goals are “to create technologies that facilitate beautiful, streamlined experiences around achievements, games, and rewards”. Brian pioneered change in the world of app gaming by redefining what it is to obtain achievements in gaming. In a recent project, it teamed up with an app company (interface was iPhone, iPod, and Android) to make getting achievements in MegaJump more satisfying for users and to give them incentives to win by entitling the person with the highest score a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records. Megajump to that, eh!

In the QuickMBA definition, an entrepreneur’s “innovation may be in the product or service itself, or in the business processes used to deliver it“. This is the case with Kiip’s services. Achievements for gaming have been around for several decades, they were always virtual achievements and the users were only recognized in their small virtual communities which the games constituted. The revolutionized idea was to give real rewards for virtual achievements.