Age of Temptations

I WANT to go for a drive, grab a snack, and come home and get a good sleep. But knowing that I need to do the tasks that I have planned for today, I control myself and start my eighth post. It’s the willpower.

What causes lack of willpower that results things like overeating, overspending, and under saving? Temptations. We are overflowed with temptations. Think about it, people’s wants are endless and everything and anything available with just a click these days.

So is there a way to increase the willpower? Yes. The most important step is to be aware that you are tempted. Be aware that you spend endless time on facebook. Be aware that you do impulse purchases. Be aware that you are tempted by high calorie snacks. And rather than stopping those behaviors at once, every time you get tempted, choose not to do so. DO NOT CLICK

Moreover increasing your willpower will make you become a wise consumer. At first when you encounter a situation of purchasing a product, you will be internally (lifestyle, personality, motivation, beliefs, feelings) and externally (culture, royalty, social class, past experience) influenced. But then you also have your willpower that makes you self-control and think one more time whether to buy or not buy a product.

And as I’m finishing up this posting, I learned that you sometimes get rewarded for controlling yourself. Now I’m done writing my eighth post thanks to my willpower and I can go for a drive, grab a snack, and come home and get a good sleep!

Related Article

This entry was posted in Business. Bookmark the permalink.