Cookie Collection – comments on blog

Hua Yuming’s comments about deleting Cookies are critical and valuable. According to my individual experience, I think Cookie collection must be banned and people need to raise their privacy consciousness. Cookie collection is illegal to some extent because it just collects individual information without permission. Some media companies can get individual information includes names, telephone numbers and email address from Cookie collection and make nuisance calls. Some individual educational institution can buy the information from some “Cookie” Companies. Netizen will feel unsafe when they are on the websites and especially some business companies recorded is also very important and private.

I think in many countries there is lack of efficient regulation to punish this kind of behavior. Take China as an example, due to the huge population base, it becomes difficult to govern online information. When you come to the Internet Bar and register some online account, it is possible to be theft by other people and lead to financial fraud even the personal safety issues. So this is also a good opportunity for some media companies to provide safer new products that meet the market demand.