Brand Position in Business- HTC

Before taking commerce, I only have a vague sense about brand position and value propositions. I will take it as how to determine the target group and a good name for the brand.However, during this information overload era, consumers will have many approaches to get touch with various branches , so company must do something to help consumers distinguish it  in the market and get into the mind of the consumers.

Take HTC as an example, it is facing the most difficult time and I think one of the important reason is that this company did not find an appropriate position in the phone market which has the most fierce competition. Compared with its past glorious success, many negative news is around with HTC; declining performance, executive defections and many other problems. Although there are many different products designed in HTC but it also indicates another problem that they do not have a clear brand position.it will confuse consumers and make them feel messy. According to the market investigation, many consumers  said that they did not know which one is the most classical one in HTC. In October 2009, HTC has  launched their first worldwide advertisement , the main topic is “Quietly Brilliant” and it strongly pointed out their products is human-centered which usher their peak time in 2010 and 2011. However, Apple and Samsung also made many efforts on brand position and did better than HTC these years. Also, disordered marketing strategy makes HTC now in the bottom of their performance.

Although HTC One now help HTC resize some market but it is also not very optimistic in the future because of the supply chain and the fierce competition. It seems HTC still have a long way to go and from this example ,it helps me deepen the understanding of brand position and its importance.