City of Vancouver and Marketing

by Khalil Kassam ~ May 21st, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized.

Vancouver is known for not just selling the highest real estate prices in Canada, but for selling a lifestyle.

When people from the east come to Vancouver, they wonder why is it that Real Estate prices are so high? I answer them by saying, why is it that you, along with many other people traveled from the eastern provinces to come to Vancouver? That is the reason why.

Vancouver sells the Urban Dream, a lifestyle of health, convenience, multi-culturalism at the foot of the Pacific Ocean.

And interestingly enough, unlike New York and London, some of the highest Real Estate prices in the world, Vancouver is not the centre of information and finance. Rather, Vancouver is seen as the resort city, where Urban Planners have carefully crafted a marketable city for a better lifestyle. The skyline carefully compliments views from all different vantage points and areas. Sometimes when I travel I even envy Vancouver, even though I live here. Developers and politicians have strove to redevelop some of the most historical sites, so it is more appealing to tourists, such as the redevelopment of the Woodwards Building/Complex and upgrades to the historic Hotel Vancouver.

During the olympics, this video went viral by using celebrities figures to promote Vancouver on some of it’s most  scenic backgrounds.

Funny enough, Vancouver only witnesses this type of scenery for about 3 months in a year. The other 9 months, be prepared for this:

1 Response to City of Vancouver and Marketing

1.   Vancouver

Reminds me of the California ads!

great post