What You See is What You Get?

–understanding everyday marketing

What You See is What You Get? header image 2

A Direction

April 16th, 2010 by Kim Nguyen

This direction please! I think I’m going somewhere!working together

This seems to be my last blog entry for Comm 486G aka Comm 101. How do I feel as of this moment? Not yet relieved because I have not started stuyding for my exams, but I can say that I have underestimated this course.

In all honesty, I signed up for this because I wanted to drop my other elective, psychology 100. I found out shortly after that I could not do such thing with a 6-credit course. I remained on the class list anyways and decided to wait until next year to take political science.

What as this course done for me?

As a teaser to this class’s last assignment, I would say that  taking a course on a very brief introduction to  fundamentals of business has taught me that I am not obligated to become a business person… in the sense that I don’t have to go to board room meetings, wear frumpy suits, and make small talk. The knowledge that I have learned to consult a business plan, analyze a SWOT analysis, read and identify the significance of a Balanced Scorecard has only strengthened my ability to think.

What resonates with me the most would be the class with Naim Merchant. I have other options! It also reminded me of why I applied to Sauder in the first place. I never had intentions to become filthy rich. I just wanted to be educated and have the right set of skills to make improvements to various social areas.

I suppose the “business” aspect of this entry would be to remember that business is not about climbing the corporate ladder in four inch heels. It’s about having compassion for one another and using those honed skills to improve the greater good of man-kind.

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.