The Altered Perception

A unique way to differentiate a brand

September 21st, 2010 · 1 Comment

Tapered fit

I went shopping on Robson street last week and found something interesting I would like to share with everyone.

Please check out the following link

http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/

I found the unbranded brand at a store called plenty, which is a clothing store I have always wanted to check out since I came to Vancouver.

What I found interesting about the brand was its slogan:

“The Unbranded Brand is jeans with no branding, no washes, no embroidery, no ad campaigns and no celebrities. So, all you pay for is the product! Made from top quality rope-dyed selvedge denim.”

I had never heard of the brand till then(probably because of no ad campaigns).

What amazed me about the brand was the price. The price of a pair of jeans by them was around 80 dollars without tax.

While I am not a fashion specialist, their target seems to be people who are willing to purchase a good quality pair of raw jeans at a lower price.

At the moment, they can only be purchased at plenty on Robson Street. I would like to see the outcome of their branding strategy.

Tags: Marketing

1 response so far ↓

• Eric Tsao // Sep 23rd 2010 at 10:14 am

I think the “no-name brand” jeans is a great example of the “value-base” marketing strategy we discussed in class. We are seeing more and more companies tapping into the trend of “quality with respect to price over anything trend” that has gained much popularity recently. I have personally seen those jeans and the quality is certainly top notch, i did not expect that from a no-name brand.