The Altered Perception

Entries from November 2010

GIGA PUDDING!!!

November 23rd, 2010 · No Comments

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/gigapudding/

What is the point of making such a product?

The key to the answer is that in Japan, there has been a trend to make things extremely big, especially food items.

let me give you another example…

This is a tower burger of lotteria Japan.(a fast food chain)

As  you can see having MEGASIZE food has been a pretty common trend in japan for the past year or so.

It is important to follow the trend and introduce the right product at the right timing.

Tags: Uncategorized

Alcohol everything

November 16th, 2010 · No Comments

http://www.whippedlightning.com/

This is what the world has come to create, alcoholic whipped cream.

This is a newly introduced product originated in the United States. It is I believe now in the introductory stage of the product life cycle. What is interesting about the product is that it will also compete against already existing product, which is whipped cream. People who put whipped cream on their beverages might start putting this alcoholic whipped cream instead, causing the alcoholic whipped cream to steal the market share from regular whipped cream.

Tags: Uncategorized

Mcdonald’s in Japan

November 9th, 2010 · No Comments

I would like to introduce another clever marketing strategy Mcdonald’s Japan has imposed recently.
Starting this year, Mcdonald’s Japan has been releasing multiple chicken products on their menu. It is said that they’re trying to appeal to consumers to be known for not only burgers but also chicken. Sole purpose of this campaign is probably to take away some of the market shares from other fast food restaurant for example Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Just as a knowledge, in Japan, people eat fried chicken for Christmas. KFC sure sells many boxes of fried chicken during Christmas season.

This year, along with their chicken campaign, Mcdonald’s Japan came up with this product.

It is a Christmas special chicken package by Mcdonald’s.
They’re priced slightly lower than the equivalent products of KFC.
I would like to see how much of the KFC’s Christmas chicken market share Mcdonald’s would be able to bite off.

Tags: Uncategorized

Koodo Mobile

November 2nd, 2010 · No Comments

I am pretty sure if you live in Vancouver, You see this guy somewhere on the street at least once a day.

He is the Mexican wrestler guy from the Koodo mobile advertisement campaign.

I have always been curious what Koodo was and I looked up a little bit and found out that it was created by Telus.

Koodo is technically a new product line targeting customers who do not want to get a contract for their cell phones, who they do not want all the fancy stuff that come with you phone.

Telus created a brand new company just to provide the service because what Koodo does is totally different from what Telus had been doing. Also, Telus was probably willing to have koodo appear as something brand new and innovative. There was a need for a construction of a new brand.

Tags: Uncategorized