My Journey

I am so grateful to be an elementary school teacher. For over a decade I worked with a prosthodontist, assisting during dental full mouth rehabilitation surgeries. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to help give someone back their smile, but my heart wished I was in a classroom creating smiles for young students. Through encouragement and support from my family, I began to make my dreams of becoming an elementary school teacher come true.

I decided to go back to school and completed my Bachelor of Arts Degree, graduating with honours from Trinity Western University in 2012. After six months volunteering in a primary classroom I confirmed what I knew for so long, that I wanted to be a teacher.

Attending UBC, I had the benefit of being a part of the CITE cohort which embodies community oriented inquiry in teacher education, embracing active participation from the Richmond school district. My practicum took place in a grade 6-7 combined class, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the students, school advisor and UBC Faculty advisor. I graduated from UBC with a Bachelor of Education, elementary years program in 2014.

Please feel free to contact me.

kristafrier@gmail.com

Photo on 2010-12-12 at 15.01 #3