About Our Project

Our team chose Coca-Cola Company for our group project through voting on our first meeting. Honestly, before I started my research, my knowledge of Coca-Cola only including it is a big company and they sell carbonated beverage. But during the research, I found that Coca-Cola has 127years history; more than 3500 product worldwide and very strong communication with the public. I have to say I purchased more Coke then usually after I done this project. And also this project help me understood how use the SWOT, CDSTEP and STP to analyze a company’s current situation and to make marketing recommendations as to what they could potentially do in the future.

The third assignment was the most interesting one among these three. We adopted Julia’s idea of video to filming in the white board. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot during the filming. Jeffery is responsible for the edit and he did a really great job! I liked to using video for my final presentation in marketing class. And I believed that video project gave me an opportunity to develop important business skills that I would not have learned from delivering presentation, like how to present in front of client by a creative way; how to choose the idea of filming by analysis the current situation and how to realize it step by step.

Actually, this project is the first team work I had done after I got into UBC; I was so worried about whom my teammates are and how to work with them. But I’m so glad that I was in such a great team. Each teammate is easy-going, hard-working and willing to listen to each other. Everyone made a great effort.

New Google Ad will make you cry, without understanding a word that is said

New Google Ad will make you cay, without understanding a word that is said.

I remember someone said “you know you have a good spot if you can turn the sound off and still get the ad”.  Try that one time and see if it works because it’s very hard.

Here is a new Google ad where there is no English at all and yet the story is easy to follow.  If you want, you can turn on the Closed Captioning by hitting the tiny CC button at the bottom right of the video.  I watched it without understanding one word that was spoken and I was able to follow along.  And I cried.

The ad is beautifully shot, and feels more like a mini-movie than a TV Ad. Well, it is 3 minutes and 32 seconds.  They stay authentic to the culture, with great visuals, music and language.  The story is simple–about two friends who have not seen other since their childhoods.

The ad shows how much we rely on Google for looking up, finding, tracking or just checking any little thing that makes our lives just a little bit easier.  It captures our attention, getting millions of likes already as its being passed around social media networks like Facebook and Twitter.  It involves the brand throughout without too much branding.  The tears generated at the end makes you want to pass it on, so they can experience what you just did.  Well done!

Google

Re Julia Amelio on “The Power in Devoted Consumers”

Re Julia Amelio on The Power in Devoted Consumers

As Julia Amelio mentions in her blog, she told her friends she is living above that Great Dane coffee shop, and almost everyone she told said, “Their coffee is so good!” It was at this moment that she realized the power in word of mouth marketing. After hearing her friends say they liked the coffee, she felt more compelled to go and check it out. Actually I had same experience with Julia, when I asked my friend does she know a good catch can help me pass the class five driving exam, she told me that catch Cheung has 20 years teach experience and almost no student failed on the exam. After I took few classes from catch Cheung I passed the exam with flying colors. Since then I recommend catch Cheung to everyone who need a drive catch, and they all give me a good feedback.

Mckee told us that the most Great Dane has ever done in terms of marketing has been a couple of signs posted around campus. He explained that they rely heavily on word of mouth marketing and it seems to be working for him; and same with catch Cheung, he already fully booked everyday without any advertise. Since these we all realized the power in word of mouth marketing lies at the core of every strong personal relationship – the same goes for relationships stakeholders have with brands. The driving force behind consumers’ desire to share positive stories about organizations is the trust they have in the products, services and people associated with those entities. Great Dane and catch Cheung seems to have a devoted customer base that expands due to the fact that their great product and customer service.