New Google Ad will make you cry, without understanding a word that is said

New Google Ad will make you cay, without understanding a word that is said.

I remember someone said “you know you have a good spot if you can turn the sound off and still get the ad”.  Try that one time and see if it works because it’s very hard.

Here is a new Google ad where there is no English at all and yet the story is easy to follow.  If you want, you can turn on the Closed Captioning by hitting the tiny CC button at the bottom right of the video.  I watched it without understanding one word that was spoken and I was able to follow along.  And I cried.

The ad is beautifully shot, and feels more like a mini-movie than a TV Ad. Well, it is 3 minutes and 32 seconds.  They stay authentic to the culture, with great visuals, music and language.  The story is simple–about two friends who have not seen other since their childhoods.

The ad shows how much we rely on Google for looking up, finding, tracking or just checking any little thing that makes our lives just a little bit easier.  It captures our attention, getting millions of likes already as its being passed around social media networks like Facebook and Twitter.  It involves the brand throughout without too much branding.  The tears generated at the end makes you want to pass it on, so they can experience what you just did.  Well done!

Google