Link 3 – Twine adventure

Page

Linking 3 – Twine adventure

Linked to Carla Pretorius

Linked to

Having interacted with Carla throughout several MET courses now, I was drawn to her posts for a sense of familiarity.  I have really enjoyed her forum posts in other classes, as they are always very thoughtful and well-researched.  I find this blog is set up in a very similar way.  She has chosen to present her blog on WordPress as I have.  I believe she had the same realization that I did. We are both enrolled in ETEC 523, which is also posted entirely through a WordPress site.  I find that managing two courses over the same platform helps to keep me on track and more organized. Carla’s theme is different than my own.  Her menu is found on the header where you click on the link, and it brings up the weekly tasks in a blog post scroll.  I have decided that the weekly tasks will also be a scroll on the main page, but also found in a menu along the side for quick references of specific tasks.  I believe the scroll is preferable for mobile consumption.  I can check in on different students’ entire pages with a single swipe. I happily explored Carla’s entire blog site this way.  I was able to see an evolution, not dissimilar to my own throughout the first half of this course. Her writing is very methodical and includes a fair amount of internal reflection.  I appreciate the ability to get to know a bit of her personality throughout her text.  With the tasks in the upcoming weeks, I anticipate her and I will be shifting to incorporate more technology into each of our posts.

With Week 5: Twine Task, I connected to her struggles with brainstorming, pre-planning and then eventually the unanticipated deciphering of the HTML coding.  Upon reflection, it was a frustratingly challenging task that lends to some precious learning.  I appreciated that she drew all of the images for the twine task.  It made for a playful interaction with the participant.  I liked her title page. I was surprised that I did not make one as my Twine story now feels incomplete without it.  Her task displayed a real sense of humour and comfortability with this presentation.  This style is probably very similar to her teaching style.

Interestingly, the overall blog is professional in layout, and she allows her playfulness to come through with the tasks.  I look forward to seeing this more in the following weeks.  Her blog is one that I will be returning to.