Airbnb: Convenience is Key.

Cecilia Wu’s blog regarding Airbnb, “Airbnb: Finding a Unique Place to Stay” caught my attention as it talks about the easy and quick service as well as a trustworthy ‘platform between hosts and customers’. I’d like to add my opinion on the matter, as I believe that in the 21st century, convenience is key to a successful product and services.

As time moves forward, more and more are being invented in order to ease societal life, as a result, demands for ‘something new’ and ‘innovative’ keeps increasing in such a rapid scale that its nearly a gamble whether starting up a business, or launching a product will be a success or not. Hence, Airbnb is in fact, one of the services which innovated itself in a way that allow society for an easy access to vacation or temporary living spaces.

Similar to online shopping, one only needs to simply go to their website, create an account, find a suitable spot and communicate with the host whether the unit is available or not. This can also be said as a new and less costly way for the hosts to advertise their units, as an alternate to posting ads on the newspaper or magazines.