Monthly Archives: October 2016

Happy Halloween!

14803180_10157593672325648_1115662707_o

Happy Halloween!
Sarah, Vicky, me, Noah, and Priscilla

This my first Halloween while in a classroom setting and it was full of energy. Naturally there were many princesses, batman/women, a couple dragon/dinosaurs like myself, and even a fish! I carved a pumpkin with the students, however, I quickly learned that many them did not want to touch the ‘guts’ of the pumpkins. It wasn’t really until we were deciding what face to put on it that the students became more interested. Each eye, the nose and the mouth were drawn by a different student. Due to this, it turned out a little lopsided but the kids were happy.

After lunch everyone bundled and headed to the forest behind the school for nature school. It was very interesting to see the kids exploring in the designated area. Despite the cold weather, no one complained, there were not tears, everyone was getting dirty and everyone was having fun. I saw children challenging themselves by balancing on a log and climbing stumps while simultaneously exploring the vegetation and insects.

Overall, I had a great first day of my short 2-week practicum!