Monthly Archives for November 2012

Surprise in corn + MarketWatch easy-to-read charts

Last week’s expected corn pattern didn’t go so well, but it did end the week on an unusual high, judging from the week’s prices. So, even with all the news about corn shortages, I will try to capture some profits … Continue reading

19. November 2012 by Annie
Categories: Cool Source of Information, The Road Ahead | Leave a comment

Week in Review

This week I was reminded again why I didn’t like the unpredictability of the corn markets. After trying to capitalize last week on what I thought was a weekly trend with an early week fall in corn prices, the Tradesim … Continue reading

18. November 2012 by Annie
Categories: What Went Right/Wrong | Leave a comment

Cool information: for visual learners

That title may have been a tease, but I can get lost in maps for hours, so for any like-minded map lovers out there, the National Corn Growers Association is a surprisingly active website with news, information, and analysis of … Continue reading

11. November 2012 by Annie
Categories: Cool Source of Information | 1 comment

Week in Review: Go Obama!

Politics made things very confusing this week. After Obama’s election Tuesday, and the promise of continued “status quo,” markets fell across the board. However, fears of what Reuters calls an impending “fiscal cliff” also injected fear into the markets [1]. … Continue reading

11. November 2012 by Annie

The week ahead: Week 9

I’ve been watching a consistent holding of wheat futures for the past few weeks, and very nearly freaked out when the prices skyrocketed after the US election this past week. This made me question my usual Wednesday/Thursday routine, so I … Continue reading

11. November 2012 by Annie
Categories: The Road Ahead | 1 comment