Information Technology used in Marketing

Effective marketing is to influence customer’s decisions as well as successfully getting information from them during the purchasing. After I finished comm391 this semester, I have a deeper understanding on how IT can benefit a marketing with the right marketing IT tools, Here are some examples of IT tools that I have studied recently and I found could help a marketing team.

First of all, I would like to introduce ESO( search engine optimizer), a methodology of techniques used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by using a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine, such as Google, Bing, etc. It is common for an Internet users not clicking through pages and pages of search results, so the higher a website ranks in a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.

Furthermore, the Google Analytics is also a must-have tool for a marketing team. Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website’s visitors, such as total visits, unique visitors, page views, average page duration. All of these data is effectively captured by a page load event

Although this is a very basic introduction in IT used in Marketing, but I believe it should be a great opportunity for a company to learn from these IT tools. Getting more additional data from these tools can really help in making decisions and improvement in marketing.