Year: 2012

Marketing is Dead?!

Marketing is Dead was from the HBR Blog network on how traditional marketing is no longer effective. Bill Lee (the writer) suggests companies to consider peer influenced based and community oriented marketing to sustain long term relationship with customers. Another

“Inventory as piles of carbon and water”

On one of the HBR blog posts, Andrew Winston has provided another perspective of looking at inventory and sustainable businesses. Robert F. Byrne, Terra Technology’s CEO said, “I want people to think of inventory as not just piles of cash,

Invasion of Technology: Energyaware PowerTabs

Energyaware is a perfect example of how technological creativity used in changing the world can be a feasible business opportunity. Firstly, I believe Janice had great mentors and timing in the process of starting Energyaware. Her experience has led me

Effects of Organizational Structure on job motivation

Original news article: http://news.illinois.edu/news/11/0308socialnetwork_jasmijnbol.html This article mainly described how social networking and frequent communication between employees enhance learning for rapid diffusion and management innovation. I thought the ideas presented would be a good recommendation for companies that are highly formalized

Re: Yin Yin Aung on “Child labour hotspots identified in 12 emerging economies”

Child labor has definitely become an controversial ethical issue in the business world. I agree with Yin Yin’s opinion on how firm gains improved corporate image by abiding to ethical behaviors. Furthermore, businesses who support child labor did not appropriately

Juicy Couture: Brand positioning

The advertisements above are from the Juicy Couture 2012 Fall Campaign. The three of the posters portray the similar theme of wild and fierce. The leopard prints and dark tones in the clothing line has expanded Juicy’s reputation of just

RE: Yuwei Wei’s “U.S. Children recognize more Pokemon characters than common wildlife species”

It is no longer shocking that companies are pouring money into advertising among the younger generation. This generation is also called “The Ne(x)t Generation” who take technology for granted and aim to be rich and famous. Because of this trend,

Y.S.L. vs. Louboutin: Importance of Patents

While researching about the Lululemon vs. Calvin Klein Inc. case, I came across a similar case dealing with the trademark of Christian Louboutin heels being copied by Yves Saint Laurent. As a fan of both brands, I have noticed the

Ethical Issues in Business

Massachusetts Town Struggles with Coca- Cola’s waste Coke’s fruit juices are produced in Northampton. To expand production, Coke increased the operation capacity of the plant. Economically, Coke successfully created 100 new jobs. Contrarily, Coke failed to treat the extra wastes

Nike’s LeBron Sneakers

Nike’s upcoming product Lebron x Nike Plus will be priced at $315. One of the features is that there is a motion sensor embedded into the shoe which detects how high a player can jump. Nike shoes along with other

Top