A new way of advertising

Reading ‘The Truth Behind Norway’s First Child Wedding’ highlighted to me the way that advertising and social media can be used not only to increase knowledge of products. This story, unlike thousands, isn’t real and instead is part of Plan International’s initiative to draw attention to the sheer number of child marriages. As someone who …

First Nations Government’s Role in Permits and Licences

Source: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/Unilateral+park+declared+Tsilhqot+includes+Prosperity+mine/10192766/story.html When reading the articles, I found it particularly interesting to learn about the First Nations Government. From the declaration of an area of the Chilcotin as a Tribal Park, it means that people and companies now have to apply through the First Nations Government for permits and licences to operate on the land. This …

A unique approach to ‘Positioning’

In their book ‘Positioning: The Battle for your Mind’, Ries and Trout argue that the easiest way to get into a consumer’s mind and become established in the market is to be first in a product category, rather than simply being a well-known brand. This made me think of Virgin in particular, a massive enterprise, …